About Somerset Square
Somerset Square dates back to the early 1900’s when it was originally the Castle Wine & Brandy complex. Some of the existing gabled buildings on Somerset road, designed by renowned Scottish architect John Parker (1886 – 1921), date back to 1902.
Redevelopment began in 1995, by converting the varying warehouses and stores into double volume office studios, and constructing a multi-level underground parking facility.
Some newer, more modern additions include the multi-storey office building on the corner of Somerset and Highfield road that house amongst others, the Primedia broadcasting studios for KFM and CapeTalk.